Monday, November 7, 2011

Thoughts

I was reading Steve Jobs' biography and one thing that can't leave my mind is that, to be able to think really different in life, to gain a real lot of expertise and to be able to create stuff one has to have inspiring people around very early in childhood.

You really have to have a good education, have to have a freedom to rebel, freedom to say no, say no to courses you don't like, say not to things you don't believe in. Freedom of thought.

I think the childhood experience listed here is almost analogous to that listed of Richard Feynman, another genius physicist of our times. He too speaks about how his father taught him to say why, how to things that he didn't believe in or things that he didn't understand. This quest doesn't come naturally..

Looking back in time, I think most of us did NOT have such exposure, most of us did NOT have such freedom.

I also read a 1995 interview of Steve Jobs where he talks very strongly about education. He says "The teachers can't teach and administrators run the place and nobody can be fired. It's terrible".

A lot of them ought to be fired.
I fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment